Sunday 6 December 2009

Building the core

I've completed the CPU code re-engineering and I'm currently putting together a disassembler so that I can debug the new CPU. Once I've got this together I'll build a simple monitor/debugger and start running some tests to ensure the CPU instructions all function as they should. It's all rather monotonous at the moment so I'll spare you the details, but I just wanted to let you know that work is continuing, there's just not a lot to show at the moment.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice to hear your emulator is evolving.
I have finally managed to put my own emulator (Vic-20, Java) on Google code:
http://code.google.com/p/vic20emu/

It contains a simple but useful debugger as well. Maybe you want to have a look for inspirations (or to tell me it's all wrong ;-) )

Unknown said...

still making sthg?

t0ne said...

Yes, I'm still doing this. I've not touched the code in ages as I've been so busy but I've just started getting back into it again.