Sunday 1 November 2009

Back in the saddle

Woooah where did 2009 go ?

I've recently been having huge urges to get back on with this little project and I decided to go grab the code again and begin trying to find time to do some more.
Amazing how a little time makes you look at things differently. I've only just started nosing through the code again and plenty of "what was I thinking!" thoughts are appearing.
I've decided to switch to Eclipse to continue developing Miggy. I've switched full-time to my MacBook Pro now and my beloved IntelliJ isn't behaving itself properly on Snow Leopard. I can't afford or justify the upgrade to the latest version when there's free tools around that should be up to the job. I say "should be" because my previous attempts at using Eclipse have ended in plenty of swearing and its swift removal from my hard-drive. But that was a long time ago and I'm a forgiving soul/sucker for punishment.

My first thoughts are I should really get the core 68k emulation done and dusted as a separate module. I think it's there or there abouts already but I've found loads of dependencies and coupling that really shouldn't be in there, so I want to clean it up. This will certainly help me get back in the saddle with the code too.

2 comments:

Eight-Bit Guru said...

Aw hell. Now I'll have to resurrect Sharp6502. As long as your last Miggy update was older than mine, I didn't feel guilty about letting it lie fallow, but now I'm going to have to work on it again. And January was a looooooong time ago... ;)

t0ne said...

Hehehe, glad to hear it, I've been hoping you would do some more :)
The year has just flown by hasn't it.